Tuesday 1 August 2017

***Lets Get Sketchy Aug 1st Challenge***

It's August! 
Another month gone and summer is in full swing, my children are now on their summer holidays from school. I have been thinking of all sorts of crafty things I can do with my daughter who loves crafty activities, not so my son!

It's  now time for the August 1st challenge at Let's Get Sketchy! This challenge not only has a sketch but we have a mood board too and a masculine theme going on with it!

Here is my layout.....



And here is the sketch and mood board....






I was inspired with the bright blues, greens and red from the mood board.




My patterned papers are a mix between to different paper lines.
I have user Kaisercraft Class Act and BoBunny Welcome Home paper collections.




I added the polaroid and stars die cuts as my main feature points.




And brads and jump rings as smaller details. All my paper edges have been inked with distress ink. 




On my background I splattered with some mists.




My title is created from some wood scrabble tiles.




The photo is mounted on some red PP from the Class Act collection and my journaling card is just slotted underneath this layer.




I used a stapler to fix all my layers together which also adds more detail and great for a masculine page. I also used eyelets in the corners of the layout and little wood pegs on the photos. 




Products used on this layout


BoBunny: Welcome Home: Dreams
BoBunny: Welcome Home: Front Door
BoBunny: Welcome Home: Key
Kaisercraft: Class Act: Red Paper.
Cosmic Shimmer: Mist: Red Firefly
Cosmic Shimmer: Mist: Blue Lime
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Vintage Photo
Sissix Thinlets: Star Die
Twine: red
Polaroid Die
Simple Stories: Awesome Me! paper- the stars
The Works: Scrabble tiles
Teresa Collins: Memorabilia Brads
Staples
Pegs
Eyelets
Jump rings


Thank you for stopping by today to see my layout, don't forget to stop by the Lets Get Sketchy blog to see what the rest of the DT came up with! Follow the link below...




Ginny  :)



Current Design Team





No comments:

Post a Comment