Sunday 27 August 2017

Mixed Media Vintage Canvas

Good afternoon, 

Today I want to share with you a little mixed media canvas I created this past week with a little step  by step process. 





Let's start with this canvas then!........





I started with a 5x7 inch canvas




I used 3 different stencils with white sand texture paste......




adding patches with each stencil randomly over the canvas.




I used this lovely chipboard piece from Dusty Attic and painted it with gesso.




I chose 3 Prima  Color Bloom sprays to use on the canvas background




I started with the lightest, Tea Stain, then a touch of Sunshine and finished with the darkest, Antique Gold. Allow to run and wash over the texture paste and canvas and dry in between each colour application





On the dry chipboard piece I rubbed some Inka Gold with my finger around al the edges.




I added a pretty piece of lace down the left long side and then adhered the chipboard piece over the top. 



From the packaging of the Prima butterflies  I cut a circle big enough to fit my circle on the chipboard.  I inked the edge of the circle with distress ink.




My main embellishments were now added, the butterfly and the Prima Resin piece, which I have also rubbed over the high edges with the Inka gold. 




I used the 'make art' words from Wycnanka. these I painted with some brown acrylic paint




I added a metal corner piece ......




Now its gets fun adding the smaller details...... the painted chippie words, a metal pair of scissors.
I also added some grouped Prima pearls.




I then had fun with the micro beads. I dabbed the gel medium where I wanted the micro beads and then dropped them into it! These add wonderful detail, texture and shine!




The finishing touch was the addition of the Viva Precious Metal colour. This is the most gorgeous paint, so sparkly and just like liquid gold! Love it! 
Using a paint brush I brushed it over the edges of the canvas and some of the embellishments just to add a little extra sparkle!



So here are the finished close ups of the project...

















Products used on this canvas

* Canvas 7x5"
* Prima ShabbyChic Treasures Resins Allure #891510
* Dusty Attic Mystic frames #2 DA1745[
* American Crafts Pop! microbeads gold
* Live  & Love crafts wide lace and straws
* Maya Road Vintage findings Antique Sew Cute scissor charms
* Prima Flowers Butterfly Kiss Backstage #549541
* Wycinanka 'Make Art'
* Gesso
* gel medium matte
* Prima Finnabair Art Extravagance Texture paste white sand
* Prima Color Bloom Mist Antique Gold
* Prima Color Bloom Mist Sunshine
* Prima Color Bloom Mist Tea Stain
* Plaid Folk Art acrylic paint Real Brown
* Prima frank Garcia Memory Hardware Pearls II
* Viva Inka Gold Old Gold
* Viva Precious Metal Colour Gold
* Tim Holtz Metal Photo Corners
The Crafters Workshop stencil Mini Harlequin
Prima Stencil Doily
Unknown dots/snowfall stencil




I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog today,

thanks for taking the time to look



Ginny  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment