Friday 12 May 2017

Altered Shadow Box with Graphic 45

Hello all,



Today I'm sharing an altered art project with you all!

I have used a Shadowbox kit from Clare Charvill at My Creative Spirit
and altered it using Graphic 45 paper collection Raining Cats & Dogs.



After assembling the shadow box I painted it with some black acrylic paint, all over, inside and out.



When it was dry I rubbed Viva Inka Gold with my finger along all the edges, not neatly, I wanted it to have a shabby distressed antique look about it.


I started with the inside back of the box. I Covered this area with my choice of background paper and a couple of strips of a pattern border at the bottom and top. My main feature postcard the 'love is a 4 legged word' I popped up on foam pads and stuck to the back.



Then came loads and loads of fussy cutting! There is a beautiful paper in this collection which is full overload of flowers and leaves, I cut out the whole lot from the 12x12 paper!
All these fussy cut pieces I have added to the box gradually increasing the depth of the foam pads (some pads cut up so small to fit the small cut pieces) to create the 3d effect. I built the flowers up from the bottom to create the garden effect. I slipped some under the edge of the feature postcard and a little on top left edge.



On the outside front of the box my design was based around the red 'Home is where my dog is' banner at the top and the 'All you need is love and a dog' in the bottom left hand corner. These were stuck straight onto the box with a few fussy cut flowers slipped underneath and a fussy cut stamp added on top. I then glued fussy cut flowers around the top front edge and  glued some underneath the lip of the top front so they look like they are growing out from inside the box.



By gluing the fussy cut flowers so they overlap all the edges softens the look and adds to the 3d effect. It really makes you feel like you want to peer inside around the foliage to see what else is in there!



Products used on this project.

Clare Charvill 'My Creative Spirit': Shadowbox kit
Graphic 45: Raining Cats & Dogs: 12 x12 paper pad
Black acrylic paint
Viva: Inka Gold: Old Gold
Glue and foam pads



Thanks for stopping by today.

I hope you liked this project!


Ginny  :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment