Saturday 15 April 2017

Let's Get Sketchy April 15th Challenge

Hello All!

So today is the official start date of the new members of the Lets Get Sketchy Design team!
Woo Hoo!! I am so excited to get going!

We have several new members on the design team a well as some returning members.
To keep up with our fortnightly challenges as they go live, please follow the Let's Get Sketchy Blog which can be found here: Let's Get Sketchy.

Don't forget we can also be found on Facebook here: Facebook Let's Get Sketchy.

So shall we get on with the April 15th challenge?
You are in for a treat because I've actually got 2 layouts for this sketch - keep reading down the post for both of them!

Here is the sketch





For this challenge we have a Mood Board to go with the sketch.







I absolutely loved the colours in this mood board.
My layout was inspired by the colours in the paint pots. Here it is!





I used a older American crafts paper line called Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic for this layout. The colours in the papers were perfect for this mood board. I used the circles from the sketch to feature several of the different papers in this line.
You can also see the little drawing pins inked in the corners from the Prima Stamp set.


I inked the edges of the circles with the Rose Bud ink pad, which I also dabbed the tops of the flowers too.
I used some mists to create the ink splats in the background



The Scrapberry's pearl flourish I cut up into lots of smaller pieces to place around my layout in my embellishment clusters.

 These photos of my DS and DD just make me laugh whenever I look at them!
We were on a steam train ride and Mummy (me) wanted a lovely photo of my gorgeous children together on the train to remember the day by........ DS didn't want to have his photo taken with his sister and the face says it all! Eventually I did get some smiles although they were distracted!




Products I used on this layout were:

American crafts: Dear Lizzy: 5th & Frolic: Bowtie
American crafts: Dear Lizzy: 5th & Frolic: Boulevard
American crafts: ear Lizzy: 5th & Frolic: Summer Sheen
Prima Marketing flowers: divine Col #565251
Scrapberrys: Summer Joy Pearl Embellishment
Prima Marketing: Chalk Pad: Rose Bud
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist: Crème de Rouge
Prima Marketing: Color Bloom: Sunshine
Prima Marketing: Color Bloom: Soft teal
KaiserCraft: Tiny Alphas stickers
Authentique:  Petite type Classique beauty
Prima Marketing: Cling Stamps: Sunrise Sunset #960100
My Mind Eye: Miss Caroline: Howdy Dowdy Brads
Staz On Ink Pad: Dove grey


Some of you may notice that this sketch was also the sketch that was part of the Design team call for Let's get Sketchy.

So now I want to show you the layout I created for the DT call. The sketch came without the mood
board and so we have a completely different colour scheme for this one and I have created the circles in different ways.



On this layout my circles were created mostly by stamping. I used some stitched circle stamps and some circular motif stamps in Archival Coffee ink, finished off by using the flowers and the boat steering wheel as my final circular elements.

Again I have used some ink splats in the background ....



..... and a pearl flourish cut up and added over the layout.




I matted my photos, of me and Holly off on our Brownie Holiday last year, on two layers of patterned paper.


I used some chain and a metal button to further embellish it


The boat steering wheels were fussy cut out of the patterned papers


Products used on this layout:

Prima Marketing:  French Riviera-Respirer l'air de La Mer
Prima Marketing: French Riviera-Au Bord de la Mer
Prima Marketing Flowers
Scrapberrys: Pearl Swirl
Perfect Pearls Mist: Blue Smoke
Twine
Prima Marketing: Cling Stamps: Stitched Circles
Creative Expression: Stamps To Die For: Celtic Feather
Creative Expressions: Stamps To Die For: Layered Flourish
Ranger: Archival Ink: Coffee
Doodlebug Designs: Love Letters Alpha stickers



I hope you have enjoyed looking at my blog,
thank you for visiting!

Happy scrapping!


Ginny  :) 💕















No comments:

Post a Comment